• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Progress takes time but worth it

B

Billy bags

Hi.
I posted about 8 months back how a dentist saved my life by catching my high blood pressure. Thats when the real fear and worry began and is being cared for now. Ive been without my 4 bottom front teeth for 8 months now going on 9. Its still so super embarrassing and humiliating but ive leaned to deal with it and people who know say i hide it well. After having my 4 teeth extracted and a bone graft i thought it would be done. I was wrong. I needed a 2nd bone graft (because of bone loss due to gum disease) and still another after that. I went in last week dr drilled in my studs/posts for my implants and as i type this i get teared up bc im so happy. In 2 weeks i go to get stitches out and in 3 months the healing shld have taken place then i get my actual teeth!!!!!! Its going to be so bizarre to learn to talk again without this void being here..almist at the end..but if you are terrified/afraid/ apprehensive about going work up that courage and go..have a friend-wife -family member support you and go...its not as bad as you think..its really not..if u can support you in any way let me know...its easier and more pain free than you think.

This is the image after one tooth fell out on its own and befor having the other 3 extracted..the bone loss in my bottom front is well defined

Thank you for sharing. Enjoy your success. You’ve certainly earned it. If you think of it, be sure to post about the awesome crunchy, cold, and pointy foods you can eat again. Keep us posted, and know that your post is good for the newcomer.

I cant wait to eat in n out hamburgers and pizza again..its been 2 years..the things we do to hide out dental issues. People dont get it unless they go thru it..this website/ forum has helped me along with my amazing girlfriend.

Two years? Oh man. Be sure to bacon on that burger. I’m sure you’ll enjoy it very much, and even more when you remember that you did this yourself. With lots of help, but in the end you chose courage. You made a change.

I love this site...thank you!!!!! So positive. Its gettn done slowly but surly and thats fine with me. Just hoping other people in any of our positions read and get that one spark of cpurage to begin treatment. I know what its like to not go in public or only communicate via text because my speech is different and im missing teeth. But ignoring it only made it worsen and dub myself deeper into a hole..i thank God-my girlfriend myself and good credit lol for getting this all do e

I love reading how your girlfriend is so supportive!! We all need people like this in our lives :) :cheer2: :cheer2: Glad to hear things are going well!!

Can I ask how was the bone graft itself? I believe it will be in my future!

Can I ask how was the bone graft itself? I believe it will be in my future!
It was not bad..it sounds worse than it is..ive had 3 bone graphs. My Dr is very good and has made the process virtually painless. The most pain i have felt was to my bank account. I have now had 3 bone graphs and my posts for implants have been put in. It really really really is a painless easy process.

Back