• Welcome! This is a forum for anyone who is affected by a fear of the dentist, dental phobia, or specific dental fears.

We are lucky to count a number of dentists among our members and moderators. Look out for the "Verified dentist" badges. If you are a dental professional who likes to help, please join our community!

Register now to access many more features and forums!

Purple lump on soft palate

C

comfortdentist

Verified dentist
You really can't say based on a cell picture and without much more history. This can be caused by many different things.

H

Hmh226

You really can't say based on a cell picture and without much more history. This can be caused by many different things.
I'd feel like a crazy person if I go into much depth on my history. I'm a 24 year old female. For the last year since I have had my daughter, I have been experiencing a bewildering array of symptoms that have effected my entire body. I have been tested for lupus and RA but those tests came back negative. I go see a Rheumatologist in June. All of my blood work I had done at the beginning of February came back normal except for some elevated specific WBCs, large platelets and extremely high B12, low Vitamin D, and a low bun/creat ratio. My doctor didn't seem concerned about anything except the fact that he was so shocked that I didn't have lupus.

Symptoms have been chest pain, wheezing, extreme fatigue, swelling, rashes, ears ringing constantly. etc. I can go on for an hour (literally). Saturday, I noticed this on the roof of my mouth. It was very tender. Today, it is not as tender but much more prominent than it was on Saturday.

Last edited:
C

comfortdentist

Verified dentist
Good to see rheumatologist. A few causes of palatal petechiae include strep throat, viral infections such as mono, low blood platelet count, physical activity such as fellatio, are just a few.