• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

puss behind my four upper front teeths (incisor to incisor) :-(

C

chaddyt12

why are puss coming from behind my four upper front tooth i had an ijury to one of them 3 years ago i went to the dentist he did an x-ray and there was no fracture to the root nor teeth it self he placed a splint on the tooth but i ave worn it more than the amount of time it was supposed to be on it without check ups....the teeht became less sensitive to cold but its not against hot, when i vistit the dentist after seeing the puss he recommends a cleaning because i havent had one since i was in grade 5 and now am 22 i got the cleaning the puss stop but my teeths still feel weird after 9 days after di cleaning my incisors feel tiny bit loose i wonder what is the problem? please help!!

Hi,
Can you get a second opinion?
Where is the puss coming out exactly? if it's from the palate then it is unlikely to be the front teeth.

Thanks for your time to pay attention to my situation :)

yea i could surely get another opinion now that you have suggested it

the puss is coming from the gum line behind my front tooth which also feel like there is a little pocket behind it the tooths dont hurt at all, i am in total fright because i dont want to loose my front tooth and the gum from the two front tooth feel a little irritated i am wondering if its time to get the splint removed now?

OK, now it sounds like indeed an inflammation caused by a tooth infection. I would guess that the tooth/teeth will need a good cleaning under the gum-line (sub-gingival) and most probably a root canal treatment.
I don't know about the splint, it varies between situations. If the teeth are mobile I would leave it there.

A big THANK YOU!! for your advice again doc :)

And another thing its been like 3 years now that i havent bitten anything on my front teeth (upper), the other day i try bitting on them it doesnt feels normal, am wondering if i had position my mouth to eat different because of fear touching it, and also if i should used another teeth and touch my upper incisor tooth which was not damage or anything i can feel tiny bit of movement its comfortable to bite with it though is this normal i also have just a tiny bit of space between the incisor and front tooths?

My dentist also did a sensitivity test on the damage tooth and it takes about 5 seconds to feel the cold and when it feels it and i bite it feels kinda weird for about 3 seconds then it back to normal.

I can't really answer that. The cold test sounds normal though. Still it is important to continue the follow-up on these teeth. Sometimes it takes years until the tooth dies and a root canal treatment is needed.

Back