• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

queation to dentists please tell me a brand of toothpaste & mouthwash which id the best??

C

crystal87

queation to dentists please tell me a brand of toothpaste & mouthwash which id the best??

there are loads but which is the best toothpaste and mouthwash that you can buy from a supermarket in the uk????????????/

Re: queation to dentists please tell me a brand of toothpaste & mouthwash which id the best??

The best toothpaste is often down to personal preference more than anything else.
Most share similar ingredients and fluoride content.
I tend to use Colgate Total because I like the taste. A few other toothpastes with high sodium lauryl sulphate content tend to give me ulcers, so I personally avoid them.
With regards to mouthwashes- if it is a daily rinse you are looking for, my personal advice would be to use an alcohol free one.
Toothpaste and mouthwash are important, however what is probably more important is brushing technique and flosssing etc.
Hope this helps
regards
Dr Mike

Re: queation to dentists please tell me a brand of toothpaste & mouthwash which id the best??

Hey Mike, welcome back, we sure missed you. I like the new colgate total too- the one with gum defense.....but I had issues

Back