• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

question about numbing lower teeth individually

Z

zombiegroupie

My issue with dentistry camr about after being assautrd by a dentist when I was 7 years old. I also was numb on my lower jaw during this which is why I associate the feeling with the trauma, it gives me horrible panic.

I also have difficulty getting numb as in I will require multiple shots and have been numb up to my scalp before but the teeth are not numb. I find the whole thong traumatic and unnecessary.

Can a dentist or oral surgeon really numb a bottom tooth on its own and does The Wand do this?

I need this done, I wish it was my upper teeth but it's not

Hi,

The WAND can anesthesia individual teeth and for most treatments it is very effective.
If you need to treat the lower front teeth, no need to anesthesia the entire side, there is a more localized anesthesia for it called incisive block.

All the best

the wand is generally very effective.
its failrly easy to numb individual lower teeth even without the wand for extraction though fillings tend to be more difficult.
there are also systems such as quicksleeper that deliver anaesthetic into the marrow bone around individual teeth and they're also very effective
most important though is that you have a patient dentist
best of luck

Back