• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

question about painkillers and advice please

E

EyeNeedhelp

I do have a fear of going to dentist but I will go next week and get some work done. They can help me one tooth a week if they have room.

I have a tooth that is falling apart on the bottom left and one of my front teeth has a cavity I think and my teeth are a little sensitive to sweet on the upper right side.

It's almost Christmas. I don't have dental insurance. (The place I go they take care of the bill.)

When I had tooth problems before OTC stuff didn't help AT ALL anymore.

One in the back was extracted and then the pain was alllll gone.

I'm scared that one of the teeth I am having problems with will hurt nonstop and I don't have any Vicodin or anything to help it.

What would I do if I get uncontrollable pain and I can't go til Monday ?

I don't want to stress more than I am and my tooth on the bottom left is very sensitive and I don't swallow over there or drink sweet there anymore.

any help is appreciated/any advice.

thank you! :confused:

I would ask my bf's dentist for help but he doesn't treat me and I can't afford his services anyway. He is so nice though.

Last edited:
Hi Eyeneedhelp.

When I had all extracted I was taking vicodin, however my dentist said that more for sedation and had me taking 4 ibuprofen every 4 hours, obviously that is okay since she said to do it, maybe that will help you...
I'm sorry you are in pain, I have been there and I know how you feel.
Much luck to you
Tina

If you should get into that kind of pain, call the dentist right away, if not, go to the emergency room because dental infections can get really involved. I would suggest you to to the drug store CVS etc or Target or somewhere, get some temporary filling material and place it where the hole (the crumbling tooth) is to try to forestall a complication. but it's a temporary fix......see a dentist as soon as you can.

Thomas Karmen DDS

thank you for the replies and help.

I should be able to get in there Monday providing I don't chicken out.

I'm already stressed thinking about it.

:hidesbehindsofa:

Back