• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

question about temporary crown fit

B

[email protected]

My dentist ordered the wrong type of crown for my tooth and instead of putting on a regular temp for a few more weeks, used the porcelain crown as my temporary until the Zirconia crown arrives.

After the novocain wore off, I noticed that this crown was too high, and when my teeth would make contact the first thing I would bite down on was this specific tooth. It was a miserable feeling and made me not want to eat dinner.

Well, I contacted the dentist and went in to her office today and she filed down the crown. Overall when eating my teeth seem to match up, but when chewing at a certain angle I still seem to bite down on it a little.

I'm leaving in a few days for a weeks vacation and really don't want to have to worry about this. Perhaps I'm over thinking it a bit, but what should I do? Should I leave it alone and perhaps I will just get used to it, or should I go back for more filing? The dentist already commented that she filed it down a good bit, so I don't want to compromise the condition of the crown.

Thanks guys!:)

Go back and get it filed down a bit more, no harm in doing it.

Back