• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Question...(I should have listened better)

V

viv1969

I finally managed to get my impressions done on Friday for getting a partial upper denture.

After it was done I made 3 further appointments, but it occurs to me that I have no idea what will happen at those appointments! (I was a bit euphoric to have been able to do the impresions lol)

The denture is the only treatment I have ongoing at the moment, and i have no idea what the proceedure is now that the impresssions are done.

Apps are Feb 19th, March 11 and March 18th.

Any ideas??

Hi viv1969, I would guess that next appointment is 1. more impressions (in a custom made impression tray from the 1st impressions you had taken) and a bite registration (where the dentist uses some wax and gets you to bite together)
2. then try in of teeth in wax - this gives you chance to see what the teeth will look like (shape and size and position) and to make sure that the denture will fit into your bite. 3. fitting and adjustment of the final product.
Hope that helps

Last edited:
Thank you very much for your reply David. The only thing that concerns me there is the possibility of more impressions. My dentist left me believing there would be no further impressions (as it had taken so many years to achieve these ones!) I understand about the bite registration.

Just a quick question to follow on...How can the teeth be 'tried' prior to the removal of the loose teeth already there? I thought the parial would be put in place immediately upon removal of the teeth?

Hi viv1969, you may not need further impressions (it depends on the case). If your dentist has said no more impressions then its no more impressions. When you said "The denture is the only treatment I have ongoing at the moment" I thought you meant the teeth had been removed already (sorry for any confusion). There could still a tooth trial (try in) stage to ensure that the bite is correct (verification).

Last edited:
Ahh..sorry for not being clearer.

Yes, luckily the impressions taken on Friday left my very loose teeth still in my head, which surprised me a great deal! (The teeth in question are the 4 front upper teeth.) I'm so looking forward to this all being over. It has ruled my life for I can't remember how long!

HI viv1969, well my I just say that its excellent news that you have decided to get past your fear and get the work done. All the best.

Back