• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Question on dental practices in the US (not asking for dental advice)

S

sharon

I have been going to the same dentist who has his own solo practice for 25 years but switched to another one (in a two man practice) for two cerec crowns. The plan was for me to go back to the old dentist but I liked the new one so much I stayed with him. After a couple of 6 month cleaning appointments I found that my new one left the practice and I ended up seeing his partner (who owns the practice). Next time I went he had another new dentist in there with him. Another year later, the new dentist is gone and and another one has replaced him. Meanwhile I find that the dentist I liked (the one that left the practice) moved over to the offices of my original dentist and was then working with him along with one other denstist (so now my original private practice dentist has 3 dentists). BUT i just went back to the original dentist (because I didn't like the one I was seeing at the new practice I went to and also I was hoping I could get re-connected with the one that I liked) and found out that this dentist is now soloing it again. Where the other two went, I don't know. Counfusing? yes, definitely.

My question - what the heck is going on with all these dentists coming and going? Why does the one denstist have 3 different ones coming and going in 4 years? and why would my original denstist bring on 2 new people to his practice and then they disapear two years later. I would love to somehow find the one I liked but am afraid he is imcompetent and that is why he keeps coming and going here and there. Is this a normal thing to happen in the dental world?

I may not have the answer (maybe the dentists on this board do, but I think they may be all in the UK...)

My first oral surgery was done by 1 doctor at a 2 doctor practice. After the surgery I asked about implant surgery and the doctor said it would be done by the other doctor. Later I asked about the first doctor and was told he was not taking on any new patients.

I went to another oral surgeon's office for TMJ treatment and he said that the first doctor left the practice, but left his name on the practice so that the other doctor would stay. Crazy stuff!

Back