• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Question regarding filling

L

looby

Hi
Long story short I overcame my fear of the dentist and went after a very long time. ?
I had 4 teeth extracted my front tooth re-filled and 2 fillings.
One of the fillings was a little high so I went back to have it adjusted, that was just over 2 weeks ago, the bite now seems fine but when I press above the tooth in my cheek it feels bruised and tender I have no swelling and other than when I poke and prod my cheek I can feel this, I’m getting really paranoid and iverthinking everything could someone please let me know if this is normal ( the tooth was really painful before I had it adjusted) I really don’t want to go back to the dentist if it’s something that will go away on it’s own
Thanks in advance ?

It's pretty normal, has it gone away now?

hi gordon, its still a little sore but I have been trying to ignore it, and not touch it. fingers crossed :grin:

:) I've got a wee sore bit above my root treated upper left premolar, I know exactly where it is and it's been there for about 10 years now, I know the RCT is fine and all but every week or two I still HAVE to poke at it to check that it's still sore! And it still IS :)

Hi Gordon that makes me feel a whole lot better, thanks Its got so much better since I have tried not to focus on it. thanks so much for your reply :) :)

Back