• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Questions - Alveoloplasty scheduled - dreading it

S

stephjuststeph

I had all of my top teeth extracted 5/20/14. Due to "ridges" along both sides of my gum line, I need alveoloplasty before a good denture mold can be obtained. I'm afraid of the actual procedure that will be done by just numbing my mouth. Should I expect to feel/hear grinding or loud whirl noises of dental equipment? Can anyone tell me if the recovery pain is equivocal to multi-teeth extractions? Also how long before I will able to eat food like I can now? (I have 8 teeth left on the bottom.) My dentist is closed until Monday. These are the main questions I didnt think to ask when I was there earlier this week. Thanks in advance!

Hi and Welcome!
I'm sorry I don't really have an answer for you...just wanted to welcome you and know someone will be along with helpful information. Are you supposed to have this done on Monday? If not, I'm sure one phone call to your dentist can get answers to your questions before hand. Weekends are stressful when questions arise and the office is closed!!
I think you are so brave for everything you've endured so far! I can only imagine the struggle you've been through to make the progress you have. Hang in there! It sounds like you are in the home stretch!

Thank You for the welcome & reply Mugz! The surgery isn't for a few more weeks. Unless they have a cancellation & they can do it sooner. Knowing it could be moved up is why I'm seeking info prior to it. I'm 48 & in good health. Due to my fear of going to the dentist all my life, my teeth were in dire shape because I didnt go. Having dentures I hope will improve my life in many different ways. The journey has been humbling & financially bumpy so far. It has been a huge blessing that I found a place that allows me to pay for services based on my income. Focusing on the end goal is how I've maintained my patience & hope. :)

Back