• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Questions following removal of large calculus

T

TwinkleToes87

I will try to keep this short so as to not bore you all to death :giggle:

I have been nervous/petrified of going to the dentist for as long as I can remember. But yesterday I went to the dentist and had sedation to remove a large 'lump' of calculus that had formed behind my front lower teeth.

Question 1: My speech is now 'dodgy' when pronouncing some words, how long will this take to go away? As i'm due to go back to work tomorrow and am now super self conscious about my speech.

Question 2: I have not looked at my teeth for years (please don't judge me) so I don't know if this is a new thing but my lower front teeth are now super gappy, will they ever come back together? Could the calculus of pushed them apart?

Question 2: Sorry for TMI but is it normal to experience diarrhea after IV sedation?

Thanks in advance for any support/answers ;D

Ps. Apologies if this is in the wrong place I did try to put it into the nervous section but couldn't :(

Last edited:
First of all, Good job for going!! After being afraid for so long!! Thats a great step I'm not sure the answer to your question , other than I never have gotten diahhrea personally after sedation, had for other procedures not tooth since i was a kid..I hope things get better for you :)

Back