• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Quick questions

E

Ellieclarke1989

I had a filling done on the tenth Feb lower right side, feeling went okay but my mouth on that side has been hurting ever since.

I have another 3 fillings to get.

I have to get two out. I am being sent to hospital to get them out. Dentist said they look like straight forward extractions. I am worried about how much pain I will be in when they come out. One it the right at the top very back and the other is bottom left kind of in the middle.

I live in Blackpool. I just received a letter march 8th 4pm it's a consultation but it's in Preston, I can't usesl buses and trains due to severe anxiety and I looked it up it's 50 pounds one way in a taxi, I thought I would be sent to Blackpool hospital.

I know this is just a consultation but does anyone if I will feel OK to get from Preston to Blackpool after my teeth are taken out. I have no one to go with me and I am a full time carer for my husband.

If you can get to the consultation, I would ask if they know where the procedure is going to take place. I had my consultation at a different hospital to the one where I actually had my extractions.

Are you getting general anasthetic? Or sedation? You might be fine getting a taxi back afterwards, it all depends though. If it's GA, you are supposed to have someone to be there for you 24 hours afterwards, just because it can make you a bit zoned-out.

As for pain, you probably will be in very little pain afterwards, especially if it's straight forward extractions. And they may give you painkillers.

Hope this helps x

Thanks yes it helps. I know no one. My family don't speak to me. I have no friends, my husband is the only person I know and I am his carer.

Back