• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Quick update!

T

Tinydancer

I arrived at the dentist for them to tell me my appointment was actually at 1.45pm not 2.45pm but the card they gave me said 2.45pm. She has rescheduled me in for the 27th of September as it's a busy dentist. Part of me is relieved as I was a sheer state before I walked in, and part of me is annoyed as I wanted it over with. I spoke to my mum and friend who both said it wasn't meant to happen today that was a little sign. Hopefully I'm in a better state for the 27th if this month ?

Hello tinydancer. It is frustrating to receive the wrong information, especially about something that already has you feeling nervous. Hopefully you were able to calm yourself afterward. Your mom and friend are right - you now have a few weeks to prepare yourself and research stress management techniques. Still, I totally understand wanting it over with and being disappointed that it was postponed. Sometimes the anticipation is worse than the actual procedure. If it helps put your mind at ease, I had 9 fillings done today and while it certainly wasn't comfortable it went by faster than I thought it would and the only pain was from the anesthetic injection.

In the meantime, remember that you are brave for taking responsibility and getting your health taken care of. It can be scary but it is so, so important to take care of things before they progress and it sounds like you are doing exactly that!

Back