• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

RCT

L

Ladyhound88

Hi. I’m super worried and still in excruciating pain. I’m also in a new town, smaller than I am accustomed. My teeth have been difficult since I was a child. Every procedure is never straight forward.
Three weeks ago I had pain. I was referred to an endo. She did X-rays numbed me up. Gave me pain medication and said my old dentist missed a canal on old root canal. I made and appt for RCT and had no pain. The root canal was last week. I did great and I did not have pain....till three days later. By Sunday I was in so much pain I couldn’t sleep excruciating pain. Called dentist she said their was black slime in that tooth put me on antibiotics. Still in excruciating pain, swollen tender. Today she put me on Metrodinazole with the clynda.
She did not X-ray me and said she expected a way worse abcess, mind you I’m running a fever and swollen. She did numb me up, and made a small poke, only blood came out and she irrigated it.
She did mention maybe the wisdom tooth I still have is irritated. The tooth she treated hurts. I can’t chew on that side. Today I was crying in pain again. Took 800 of Motrin. I’m terrified. When will I see an improvement? Why didn’t she open up the root canal? The pain is terrible. My neck hurts, my cheek is swollen the inside of my cheek is tender. Am I on my way to sepsis?

No your not on your way to sepsis. Get back on the phone to the endo, it sounds like you need some more physical intervention.

Back