• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Re: Mikey's girlfriends surgery

Brit said:
Hi yes it was me..but it wasn't as bad as a BIC lighter barrel  :p...I just meant a BIC biro cap so the cap on the end of a pen essentially... 
:p

OOPS..  Bics in the US are lighters..  * :ROFLMAO:  ah well,  the wonderful world of colloquiallisms  *giggle*

(high pain tolerance here = I slept thru one labor, up to 15 minutes before she was born = no anaesthesia,  and the first was done, start to finish, in about an hour = the worst was the IV in that I just freak out with them..  Wanted Mikey's GF to realize even a 2-time mom has issues & she should be *OKAY* tomorrow..   :grouphug:

mikey said:
I got bad news today that one of my friends at school that was absent for a week or so has IGA Nephropathy, and has been in the hospital the whole time :(. Her name is tiffany and she has a website that you can leave comments, any positive feedback anyone on here can leave would be great to keep her spirits high ;)

Mike = I can't post to that site, would you pass along a hug and goodvibes for a FULL recovery from Danielle in Tucson, AZ?? She looks exactly like my neice - my heart is going out to her

I will, but you have to go to the guest book and fill it out. Ill see if i can get it to work for you.

todays the day, I just hope i dont get in more trouble than its worth skipping school. :(,

I'm really sorry to hear about your Friend. I hope she gets well soon  :XXLhug:
Hope your Girlfriends Surgery went well - it may be over by now  :) I'm sure u being there with her,helped her through it all  :)

hi all

Time to summarize what happened today in a paragraph which will be hard.

Today at around 10:30 during class change, I signed myself out, went out the door and got in my car. Then I drove to the hostpital where her and her parents were. She was fine for a while in the waiting room, because I did my best to keep her distracted by tickling her and being funny :party:. When the nurse came and told her that its time to go back to the room with the rolley bed (forgot the name) She started crying when we got in there. A few minutes later she was asked to change into the surgical gown. She came back out of the bathroom and laid down on the bed. The doctor came into the room and had a nice conversation with us, wich helped her calm down a little bit. About 3 mins later they came in and put the numbing cream on the back of her hand.. she really really started to freak out all she did was hold onto me and cry. Then when they came in to do the IV, she was all in pieces. I was sitting on the bed next to her (get your mind out of the gutter please) She was still holding onto me and crying, I told her to let them see your hand she did and i just hugged :XXLhug: her and messed with her other hand to distract her. Like I told her previously, she didnt even feel it go in. When she looked down at her arm when i told her it was done, she passed out from the little bit of blood she saw. About 15 minutes later,They came to get her and she started crying again, I walked beside her holding her hand as they took her back to the OR and when we got to the double doors i couldent go past, i just said " I love you and it will be fine". The procedure took about 30 minutes and they let me into the recovery room with her parents as she was wakeing up. Everything went fine from there on out besides she cant talk very well but that was to be expected.

Well.... 1 paragraph turned into a essay :p Thanks everyone for their support and continue to post if you like.

-mikey :thumbsup:

Hi Mikey,
I'm glad that everything went well. Good that you were with her. I'm sure you were a great support. Your gf is lucky to have such boyfriend. I wish her fast recovery.

Back