• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Receding gums? Do I have a mild gengivitis?

I

I can't sleep

I'm currently panicking. Whenever I brush my teeth, my gum bleeds. One of my tooth's gum has worned down. That's where it typically bleeds when I brush.

I'm gonna have to admit, I don't brush/floss on a daily basis. It sounds disgusting but I always forget to. And I'm really busy at times. But, that's no excuse. I'm brushing on a daily basis now but I know it won't work.

It's been keeping me up. I'm just so worried. I'll try to book an appointment with my dentist, but I just want opinions asap!

Warning! Teeth pictures! Quite disgusting!
IMG_20190120_034917.jpg
IMG_20190120_035100.jpgIMG_20190120_035020.jpg

Sorry if it's bad quality! I'll try to take a better picture when I have free time. Since it's 3:54 am where I'm from. Malaysia. My light is broken. Hopefully someone will answer me! I'm just so anxious. Sorry if you can't tell. It's understandable, I'll post a better quality picture next time.

Hi,

When seeing your photo I did not see any dental issue except the redness of the gum which indicate gingivitis and matches your description. This is a very common "illness": 80% if the adult population has it. Gingivatis is even more common among children than with adults.

II'll try to book an appointment with my dentist, but I just want opinions asap!
Don't try, just do it.

Back