• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Receptionists deserve credit too!

S

Surreyvwphobic

Hello everyone and thanks to you all for your support over the past few years as I have journeyed from phobia to freedom. I am glad that I have been able to inspire and comfort others too in my writings.
Last night (Thursday 25th February 2021AD) I was discussing my appointment of today with my church home group and mentioned that of course dentists are not the entire piece of the dentistry jigsaw. I resolved to go out of my way today after my latest session to thank the reception team at my surgery for their insight and support as without them, I may not have ended up with Megan in the first place and might as a consequence still be struggling today. One realises that not all reception staff get it right, but most do, and their wisdom should be celebrated; in both places I used in recent years, the reception played a huge and crucial part in getting me the help I needed with the people most suited to my needs and personality. In my case, big hugs are due to Rebecca at Enhance dental surgery in Ely UK for changing my dental life forever. I encourage everyone starting their dental journey to not automatically dismiss the role of the reception staff, as their experience can be very useful and often it is these people that get many phobics through the door in the first place. Three cheers for these wonderful people!
From dental heaven with love. Simon

You’re a dream patient, Simon! Not only managed to overcome your phobia, but so appreciative of everyone who supported you and the whole stuff. Your practice must be truly happy to have you! Needless to say that it’s a joy to read your posts. And you are right, receptionists deserve credit too. I often think back of Lynne, the receptionist that greeted me at my very first appointment. She literally guided me to a chair in the living room and sat me down there as I was so frozen and disoriented and hardly could talk. She was my personal angel. Also on the phone, it’s just so nice to have someone reassuring.
You’re an inspiration, Simon!

Bless you Enarete! Just seen this as I have not logged in for several days since my last missive. I am glad to have been of inspiration over these past few years, and hope to continue to do so for many more to come. My screen is always open.
Love Simon

Definitely the reception staff at my practice were helpful when it cane to starting my journey of going back to the dentist. Although I’m never sure that in the big practice it is they know me by name ??? is this a good or a bad thing haha

Back