• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Recession/ Receeding gums

B

Bobbykorn

What suggestions can restore the bottom two rows ......laser ? Very nervous

Attachments

• 347C6E52-0E54-4824-AA62-9B9C9B0E3B30.jpeg
    347C6E52-0E54-4824-AA62-9B9C9B0E3B30.jpeg
    817.2 KB · Views: 74
first get them cleaned there is calculus there.

Hi there - I recently had 30+ years of calculus removed during a scaling and root planing, ie deep cleaning. I had a significant amount of calculus between all my bottom front teeth. It left small gaps but hard to explain - it looks so much better because it is CLEAN. I don’t know the technical reason for this but I had this done a few weeks ago and now the gaps are starting to look minimal. Nothing was unsightly about it. It is amazing to have the calculus gone. Have it done before you get more bone loss. I wish I had done this decades ago sadly.

I have no pain. It’s just bleeding lately, I’m nervous of the extraction after care....Any suggestions? Half the top of tooth broke off

Attachments

• 7D264D95-EBC5-4E0E-93CE-72A9420A9306.jpeg
    7D264D95-EBC5-4E0E-93CE-72A9420A9306.jpeg
    527.6 KB · Views: 35
It looks a very easy extraction if that's any consolation.

What are you nervous about regarding the after care particularly?

It looks a very easy extraction if that's any consolation.

What are you nervous about regarding the after care particularly?

Thank you for the reassurance,
Mostly concerned with other teeth shifting due to the tooth gone and dry socket aftercare , makes me nervous just the thought of havin a tooth gone and being careful with

Other teeth shifting is not common and not always a problem.

Dry socket is painful but not that bad in the overall scheme of things, it's also fairly rare.

The amount of calculus on my bottom teeth, I’m just curious if it will make my tooth loose or leave mild gaps..?

Also included a picture of my molar tooth from the X-ray photo on the inside, no pain. Just worried about gum disease, I’m 31 years old . I smoked for two years (age 26-28) also wondering what kinds of toothpaste could help with reversing receding gums, my anxiety is terrible. Any information on my teeth helps I use charcoal toothpaste

Attachments

• BB6EB39B-47BF-4AE5-8DE5-C2737A8F2EAF.jpeg
    BB6EB39B-47BF-4AE5-8DE5-C2737A8F2EAF.jpeg
    796.1 KB · Views: 50
  • 4AD62460-1B07-4918-95E3-A41D475CA5B3.jpeg
    4AD62460-1B07-4918-95E3-A41D475CA5B3.jpeg
    837.1 KB · Views: 50
If you leave that amount of calculus on your teeth you will be likely to get gum disease.
No toothpaste will help receding gums, you need professional cleaning followed by some instruction on maintaining them.

If you leave that amount of calculus on your teeth you will be likely to get gum disease.
No toothpaste will help receding gums, you need professional cleaning followed by some instruction on maintaining them.

Will receding gums heal a bit after calculus removal..?

Is gum disease curable?

Yes, sort of... once the supporting tissues have been destroyed, i.e. the gums have receded then you can't really put them back to where they were before, all you can do is stop the disease at the point of treatment and prevent it continuing.

Hi there - I recently had 30+ years of calculus removed during a scaling and root planing, ie deep cleaning. I had a significant amount of calculus between all my bottom front teeth. It left small gaps but hard to explain - it looks so much better because it is CLEAN. I don’t know the technical reason for this but I had this done a few weeks ago and now the gaps are starting to look minimal. Nothing was unsightly about it. It is amazing to have the calculus gone. Have it done before you get more bone loss. I wish I had done this decades ago sadly.

Could you provide a before and after picture of the calculus removal by any chance

Awesome to hear a successful story .

Yes, sort of... once the supporting tissues have been destroyed, i.e. the gums have receded then you can't really put them back to where they were before, all you can do is stop the disease at the point of treatment and prevent it continuing.

Thank you very much for all the help regarding my extraction of the half broken molar
You’ve reduced the amount of stress I had regarding my teeth, I can’t thank you enough

Yes, I have before/afters... these are so hard for me to post, I hope they really help you!

[photo deleted as per request]

This is the before picture. My teeth had never been cleaned before in any way and I am in my mid-thirties, so this is more than three decades of icky stuff.

This was the day after:

This is today - I think with a few weeks, things start to look more "filled in" and normal.

These were hard to post because they make me so aware of how much I need braces for my bottom teeth! One foot in front of the other, trying not to beat myself up over these photos. And really hope this helps you.

And, bottom line, my teeth looks so much better now.

(And I will totally delete these later!)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, I have before/afters... these are so hard for me to post, I hope they really help you!

View attachment 1999
This is the before picture. My teeth had never been cleaned before in any way and I am in my mid-thirties, so this is more than three decades of icky stuff.

This was the day after:
View attachment 2001

This is today - I think with a few weeks, things start to look more "filled in" and normal.
View attachment 2000

These were hard to post because they make me so aware of how much I need braces for my bottom teeth! One foot in front of the other, trying not to beat myself up over these photos. And really hope this helps you.

And, bottom line, my teeth looks so much better now.

(And I will totally delete these later!)

OMG they look great thank you for the courage and motivation. The today picture look like they healed amazingly

:) Thanks. Hope you're able to get the calculus removed. Your teeth are so nice and straight, I bet they will look amazing all cleaned up! And hope no issues with gum recession occur.

There's a time limit on editing posts, so if it won't let you edit the post, let me know and I'll delete them if you like :)

Thanks very much for that, @letsconnect - let’s please delete the photos and I can resume feeling good about my mouth progress! :)

Done :) - the “after” looked fabulous!

Back