• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

reoccuring infection?

B

blueabyss

Hi my name is kristen I'm 31 and have bad teeth. bad teeth tend to run in my family that with not being able to go to the dentist when i needed to bc of lack of funds I've suffered a lot. after having my son thoughb
everything seems to have went to heck in a hand bag quick.a lot of painful infections mouth irritation throat. irritation sinus you name it. I'm still suffering and having issues but am rrying my best to address them. there are many sources of infection still present and i am in mysery and feeling hopeless. but there is something that has been troubling me i went to a clinic to have a bad wisdom tooth pulled and on bottom right hand side they gave me novacain ..one in top side of jaw one in bottom. i have had every since had problems with the top shot sight. with infection going and comming irritation raw feeling tender swelling..ivr asked dentist and docs and they say its nothing just looks irritated my whole jaw area gets infected or inflamed sometimes some times my cheek around it someimes it makes my bottom back teeth ache and i can run my toungue along where its sore and feel the lines of infection that crop up..i just want it to stop it really is scaring me can someone please tell me what might be going on and why they can't see anything beside what they think is irritation..please thank you so much sincerly kristen(sorry so sloppy phone is acting up so wrote this in a rush)

Last edited:
I also wanted to add i had the tooth pulled around xmas so its been a while.

Wisdom teeth extractions are the trickiest types and the most common to get healing complications. From your general statement it seems like improper or incomplete healing. Or there might have been a piece of left over tooth or bone where even after the gum has healed completely the healing is improper and causes those symptoms. I'd recommend you follow up with another dentist and have them take a PA (periapical film X-ray) of the extraction. Site to check for any abnormalities. As a temporary solution you can consult family doctor for antibiotics (500mg amoxicillin) if there is visible infection as well as salt water rinses (1 spoon salt to 1 cup water) after meal and before bed. Try to keep the area as clean as possible, gentle brushing. You can also leave a small dab of toothpaste over the area if concern and leave it overnight (don't rinse it out until morning)

Back