• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Rereading and Ending my Journal

M

mghstl

A little self-therapy tonight. I'm spending another anxiety free Monday night with no Tuesday a.m. appointment looming. So I reread my ENTIRE journal, the journals of EVERYONE who has inspired me here (you know who you are, I hope) and EVERY response I have posted here over the last 3+ months. It was the BEST 2 hours I could have spent. This forum has saved my life. I am now the person I've always wanted to be, but couldn't quite get to on my own. This feels kinda like my high-school/college graduation day...it's time to take everything I've learned and move on. And I want to thank you all before I become an "alumnae"...someone who loves it all, but leaves the new and pertinent news to current students.
In no particular order, I thank:
Letha, C-Jen, Brit, RP, AmberSue, Knightsaber, 3am4evr, TinaBear, Olivacs, Leelee1, Gummymummy, Michiemoo, Dr. daniel, ilytandk, Booby, Drummerswife, Barbara Anne, Cathy21, thebee, gofish, samosee, Wyrd, RemCarr, gorbstein, danaeqm, pollywobble, fearfulJen18, monkeekat, Camisa, Redfield, panicprincess, helpme, letsconnect, icklenymph, tabatha7, awarefel, liverbird, ejhy, yanakov, Dr. Mike, and EVERYONE not mentioned.
I'll still hang around, but I leave the posts to those whose journeys are just beginning. Will share when I truly feel I can help.
Any new members reading this...DO IT!
Any old members reading this...I extend my heartfelt love and thanks.
My journey has ending in a most remarkable way, thanks to this forum.
And my dear husband thanks you, too.
Fondly,
mghstl

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheers - don't be too much of a stranger though.:jump:

I second what Brit said......you may not need your journal, but please pop in from time to time, we'll miss you .

Look at this, your own thread ending your journal in the Success Story forum.

You've gone a long way. And thanks right back for all your kindness too. Enjoy your real food and your free Tuesdays.

:cheers:

I'm so glad that it's all over for you. Closure can be a good thing. Sad to see you go but happy at the same time. :party:

Bravo!:respect:

I expect to see a journal entry March 17th, when you go back. I think true success in overcoming the phobia/fear is not about getting through the tooth ache you have now, or the extraction that needs done or the wizzies that need removed- you get my point. It's about being able to get through the current event, getting healthy and maintaining it. I've been cycling my whole life- have an emergency get treatment, get some work done, wait ten years, do it again, But its like a long term loan, the amount that needs done keeps multiplying if you don't make regular payments........So stay with us mgh, we want to hear about an easy cleaning in a few months and phase two.......

:cheers:

rp

Back