• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Results From Letter Received - can someone explain

L

Ladywriter1968

Hi, I have looked up some of these terms on the internet. But would be helpful if some one or professional here could explain further.

clicking of the left temporomandibular joint???
bilateral hypertrophy of the masseters and masseter to palpation???
occlusal amalgam which is mildy TTP and grade 1 mobile???
buccal tenderness???
DPT showed no periapical pathology ???
There was a distally ungulated, unerupted lower 8 - distally ungulated???
DPT???
the apices of which crossed the superior boarder of the inferior dental canal???

Temporomandibular joint disfunction
Micro leakage of occlusal amalgam - I assume this means possible filling leak.

Thanks

1) Your left jaw joint is clicking. Most peoples' do, without other symptoms it's no big deal
2) Masseter is one of the main chewing muscles, you have some enlargement on yours, consistent with a grinding or clenching habit
3) This is nonsense. Amalgams can't be grade 1 mobile or TTP.
4) Your cheek is sore when pressed (consistent with 2, since that's where Masseter lives!)
5) DPT is a type of x-ray film, you don't have any abscesses that are visible
6) Ungulated - having or resembling hoofs; the roots of your wisdom tooth look like hooves :)
7) The tips of the roots of this tooth cross over the little channel that the main nerve to your jaw runs through. Removing this tooth would be a VERY bad idea!
8) You have some pain/stiffness in your jaw joints, consistent with 1,2,4 above
9) Yep, there's some leakage of a filling

Mine's a pint of lager thanks. :)

You need to find a dentist who writes in English.

1) Your left jaw joint is clicking. Most peoples' do, without other symptoms it's no big deal
2) Masseter is one of the main chewing muscles, you have some enlargement on yours, consistent with a grinding or clenching habit
3) This is nonsense. Amalgams can't be grade 1 mobile or TTP.
4) Your cheek is sore when pressed (consistent with 2, since that's where Masseter lives!)
5) DPT is a type of x-ray film, you don't have any abscesses that are visible
6) Ungulated - having or resembling hoofs; the roots of your wisdom tooth look like hooves :)
7) The tips of the roots of this tooth cross over the little channel that the main nerve to your jaw runs through. Removing this tooth would be a VERY bad idea!
8) You have some pain/stiffness in your jaw joints, consistent with 1,2,4 above
9) Yep, there's some leakage of a filling

You need to find a dentist who writes in English.
Thanks for info. It was the oral surgeon that did this letter at the nhs hospital. I think it will have to be removed now as its hurting like F""""", its trying to push thru and when saw own dentist today he said its trying to push its way thru against molar.

I dont see what choice I have now, if I leave it in and suffer pain forever, and have my other teeth pushed along or whatever and ruined.

To add, that part said, TTP and grade 1 mobile.

There you go, it's gone a bit frothy unfortunately:
:cheers:

We also have a fine Merlot on offer if you prefer :sleepyjuice:!

DFC - the home of fine wines and spirits ;D...

There you go, it's gone a bit frothy unfortunately:
:cheers:

We also have a fine Merlot on offer if you prefer :sleepyjuice:!

DFC - the home of fine wines and spirits ;D...
Unfortunately the alcohol you offer will only last for a short time. LOL

Thanks for info. It was the oral surgeon that did this letter at the nhs hospital. I think it will have to be removed now as its hurting like F""""", its trying to push thru and when saw own dentist today he said its trying to push its way thru against molar.

I dont see what choice I have now, if I leave it in and suffer pain forever, and have my other teeth pushed along or whatever and ruined.

To add, that part said, TTP and grade 1 mobile.

TTP is 'tender to percussion' - not sure if you were querying that still.

just to update my info, I have got in touch with PALS now at the hospital, emailed today, as I am soo fed up. I went to 22 floor to take form as told by 23rd, was no one there, they was all on 2hr lunch break, I had no one to give form to there for follow up appointment. This passing nurse luckily said she would take it in for me, next day I rang up and asked whats the next step the receptionist didnt have a clue. I dont know if I am going to have a Cone CT Scan first or see the top surgeon first or what? or when either? they all give me different information and I am fed up with it all. Every time I have been there to I never see the same person either. So they dont know me or how I am feeling or nothing.

The "NEW" person I saw again he said I would have a Cone CT Scan and see the top surgeon of his team. When he gave me the pink form I assumed that was for all of this, but the nurse that happened to be passing on next floor said No its not. its just for the appointment. next appointment. Give them a call tomorrow and ask them to explain. As say, I did and they didnt know. First I was told its 2-3 month wait and then told 6 month wait.

Back