• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Root canal, high crown strange tooth sensation sprain?

A

Acheygirl

Hi Doctors. I want to thank you in advance for all your help in the past with my dental issues. I have a question for you.

I had two root canals on #12 and #13 in December. #12 has been a problem child. Endo had to retreat it twice. About 6 weeks after the final crown the tooth was painful to bite on. I had a periodontist adjust the crown it was high. That solved it and the tooth went back to normal. Fast forward to last month. I started to notice #12 felt odd and my bite felt slighly off. Today I saw the dentist and he had to file a small portion of the crown it was hitting high.

There is no pain in the tooth but if I push my tongue on it, it feels slightly weird. It's not loose but it feels not tight if that makes sense. I have not been chewing on it. Could this be a sprain tooth or a signal the tooth is not going to make it? I recently had a cone beam scan in May which did not show anything.

Thank you again!!!

Probably related to the bite being off, the little ligament that holds the tooth in place can bruise easily and can take a while to get back to normal.

Thank you Dr. Gordon. I have been taking ibuprophen and not chewing on that side. The bit feels much better now that he adjusted it. Tooth still feels odd maybe a little sore but not throbbing.

Back