• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Root canal procedure

B

Bstasio01

Hello all, this has been such a long drawn out process trying to find an endodontist who is compassionate with my anxiety :( on Wednesday I meet a new endo and she seems wonderful from her patient reviews so I am hopeful. The hardest part about the thought of a root canal is how long I’ll have it be in the chair. My tooth is a premolar and only 1-2 canals. I was told by the previous endo it would be about an hour. I know an hour isn’t that bad especially for a root canal. But my question is has anyone ever done a root canal in 2 sessions? I want to get advice on this prior to asking her so I know if it’s possible or not before I bring it up. I’m thinking if I can break it into 2 short sessions my anxiety will be put at ease greatly! Any advice welcome!

Best place to ask is the endodontist, since they've got the advantage of knowing what they're going to be doing... probably it could be done but there may be reasons why they don't fancy doing it that way.

Back