• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Root canal tomorrow

K

Katie7730

I have the second part of my root canal tomorrow afternoon . I didn’t sleep well
Last night and know I won’t tonight.
I have dreams of dentists drilling on me and not stopping when I ask ?
The tooth has been ok the last few weeks but I’ve had some twinges and some feelings of pressure here and there so not sure what’s happening with it. Just hope all goes ok and it settles completely after tomorrow .
Has anyone had any weird feelings in the tooth after session 1?

Katie, I just saw that this post of you that reminded unreplied, so sorry to see that! :( I saw you have been active here in other threads anyway, but would you mind giving us an update about how you are doing? I guess your root canal treatment is completed by now? Many people struggle with weird feelings or even pain before the treatment is complete and that can be really scary.
Hope your dreams settled too by now!

Katie, I just saw that this post of you that reminded unreplied, so sorry to see that! :( I saw you have been active here in other threads anyway, but would you mind giving us an update about how you are doing? I guess your root canal treatment is completed by now? Many people struggle with weird feelings or even pain before the treatment is complete and that can be really scary.
Hope your dreams settled too by now!

Hi Enarete, no problem! My second appointment wasn’t pleasant to be honest (very long and HOT!!) the extra Ppe combined with the heating, we were all sweltering.
She found out 2 of my canals joined so needed to do a bit of extra cleaning. I felt a few pains here and there, but nothing major. The tooth settled quite well. It was sore on the 2 days after , but I’m a week on now and seems improved. The issue was Friday a bump appeared on the gum directly under, which I think is an ulcer, I didn’t get it checked but seems to have gone down a bit now and less painful. So fingers crossed! No more weird feelings since.

That sounds like good news, it must be reassuring to have no weird feelings anymore. Will you have a third appointment too?

That sounds like good news, it must be reassuring to have no weird feelings anymore. Will you have a third appointment too?

Ive got a permanent filling on it at the moment. The dentist said it’s best to wait a month or two (also good for me financially)before doing the crown. But I’ll need a crown in the new year. But hopefully no more root canal appointments (for this tooth at least ?) if everything settles down properly ?