• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Root canal

Bstasio01

Thinking of you and hoping all goes well and they are extra kind and gentle and put you to ease tomorrow during the procedure . what time is it? Let us know how it goes.. We are here :)

Bstasio01

Thinking of you and hoping all goes well and they are extra kind and gentle and put you to ease tomorrow during the procedure . what time is it? Let us know how it goes.. We are here :)
Thank you I really appreciate the encouragement! Not sure where everyone is from but my appointment is at 2pm here in the US .. I’m so nervous I’m going to have a panic attack and embarrass myself ?

If they don't already know, make sure to remind them or tell them how anxious you are. Usually they go the extra mile to be extra gentle and put you to ease through the process doing this. Ok I will be thinking of you 2pm here in US.. I'm in the midwest :)

If they don't already know, make sure to remind them or tell them how anxious you are. Usually they go the extra mile to be extra gentle and put you to ease through the process doing this. Ok I will be thinking of you 2pm here in US.. I'm in the midwest :)
I made sure to tell them at the consult and they seem really really nice about it! But I will definitely remind them again.. 2pm here in New England ?

update: I wasn’t able to go through with the root canal. Unfortunately the dentist was very impatient with me. I got there early to get myself situated with my headphones etc. and he was running ahead of schedule and wanted to begin right away which caught me off guard. He refused to give me 10 minutes (I got there at least 15 mins early) to prepare myself and kept telling me to lay down and putting the chair back while I was sitting up trying to find my headphones. He was so unprofessional and so different from my consult. He even acted like he didn’t know about trying the procedure without the local anesthetic when the assistant mentioned it to him when we had talked about it at consult. His office manager was so apologetic and said she watched him the whole time with me and had never seen him behave that way and told me he had personal issues going on. This was a bit of a traumatic visit for me. I’ve found a new endo on the beach that uses laser technology so I’m excited to book an appointment with them. I will get through this eventually ?

update: I wasn’t able to go through with the root canal. Unfortunately the dentist was very impatient with me. I got there early to get myself situated with my headphones etc. and he was running ahead of schedule and wanted to begin right away which caught me off guard. He refused to give me 10 minutes (I got there at least 15 mins early) to prepare myself and kept telling me to lay down and putting the chair back while I was sitting up trying to find my headphones. He was so unprofessional and so different from my consult. He even acted like he didn’t know about trying the procedure without the local anesthetic when the assistant mentioned it to him when we had talked about it at consult. His office manager was so apologetic and said she watched him the whole time with me and had never seen him behave that way and told me he had personal issues going on. This was a bit of a traumatic visit for me. I’ve found a new endo on the beach that uses laser technology so I’m excited to book an appointment with them. I will get through this eventually ?
I’m so very sorry to hear your root canal appointment didn’t go as well as you’d hoped it would. It sounds like the dentist was having his own personal issues and decided to use you as his punching bag. As much as it stinks that you have to wait a bit longer to have your procedure done, it definitely sounds like it’s for the best. You don’t want someone with that level of patience working on the mouth of an anxious and fearful patient. Sending good vibes that you find the perfect endodontist for yourself very soon. ❤️

Bstasio01,

First off I'm so sorry, he switched personalities there, kind of a jekyl hyde :(. agh. that is really too bad and I know disappointing.. On another note though, I am so incredibly proud of how you handled this. putting your boundaries and not going through with it after he treated you like this, was rushing you and then changing up on what he told you. SO glad you didn't go through with this. !! and really glad you found someone else with laser technology. Is it the biolase? My past dentist had that and it was amazing and no pain at all. not sure how they would use itin root canals but it was used on implants in my case. You should really give yourself some huge reward for the strength and courage of saying no to bad dental chairside manner to you!! again, I am sorry you had to go through, but happy for your courage and you getting out of that chair!

Thank you! I felt like a failure but at the same time his behavior made me lose confidence with him working in my mouth. I’m sure he does a great job but he broke my trust. The other place uses sirolaser. It won’t be used on much of the procedure but there is gum tissue that needs to be removed to access the canal. (The other dentist was going to use a bur) so that was a little unsettling. I love laser dentistry my general dentist does all fillings with it no local anesthetic needed ?

Back