• Welcome! This is a forum for anyone who is affected by a fear of the dentist, dental phobia, or specific dental fears.

We are lucky to count a number of dentists among our members and moderators. Look out for the "Verified dentist" badges. If you are a dental professional who likes to help, please join our community!

Register now to access many more features and forums!

Root planing and cbd oil

L

Lucmd

Hi. Around 7 years ago I was first told I had periodontitis. I had a couple of root planing sessions that were so uncomfortable I didn't go back.
I pretty much ignored it for a few years, then happened to make friends with a couple who are dentists. Very good dentists. I went to their hygienist, I had lots of 7 and 8mm pockets. She told me it was very severe and I had to go every 3 months. I did but not a great deal of improvement.
I started to take 10% cbd oil every night for endometriosis (also an inflammatory illness). I started with 4 drops, I now take 10 daily. From my next cleaning, there was an improvement.
Cleanings went from 3 months to 4,then 5.
Because of covid and work commitments I wasn't able to go for 10 months. I was dreading a terrible regression. Neither my hygienist or I could believe it. All but one pocket have gone. And the one remaining had been a 7 on last visit, and is now 5. There was practically nothing to clean.
My next cleaning will be in 6 months.
Two more points. Interdental brushes are essential, I use them every day. I have problem in that I can't stand the electric scraper. I told my hygienist and she never used it again. I find the non electric scraper far easier to deal with and my hygienist told me that the electric one is unnecessary. I hope that this has given hope to people suffering. I beat the disease. You can too. Also, I drink kefir daily. Healthy gut means healthy teeth.

16andbadteethandgums

16andbadteethandgums

Nice job, it takes a lot of dedication to successfully control that disease! Pleasing to hear you beat it.

L

Lucmd

Thanks. It's great, yes. Hoping to help others to do the same 😁