Roots are exposed!

P

Pinkwindsor

Sorry, not sure why my photo appeared before my writing. But I've just discovered this, and I am absolutely terrified. Do I have really bad gum recession? :shame:

Last edited:
P

Pinkwindsor

Can someone advise? I have an appointment tomorrow morning… :(

letsconnect

letsconnect

Administrator
Staff member
Hi there, it looks as if you haven't had a reply yet. How did your appointment go? Did you get answers to your questions?

Gordon

Gordon

Administrator
Staff member
Verified dentist
You've got some heavy calculus (tartar) deposits. Once they've been cleaned off then your gums should be fine.
You need some tuition on cleaning in that area which hopefully your dentist will organise for you.

P

Pinkwindsor

Hello, I managed to actually get into the hygienists chair which was a huge deal for me.

I did indeed have a very heavy deposit of tartar. I have been cleaning my teeth but not brushing down to that level 🤦‍♀️ It was only when I pulled my lip down that I noticed it all!

It was all removed but the gaps in the gums left below each tooth will just stay there and I’ll have to have more regular hygienist appointments to make sure it’s kept clean.

I’m totally exhausted by the sheer amount of anxiety that this has caused me!

krlovesherkids777

krlovesherkids777

Super Moderator
Staff member
Pinkwindsor,

Congrats on making it through this appointment and getting into the hygenist chair. Often that can be more scary than the dental chair and you did it! Anxiety is SO exhausting.. Hope you can get some rest and do something kind for yourself for making it through! :grouphug:

letsconnect

letsconnect

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for the update, Pinkwindsor, great to hear that you managed to get into the hygienist’s chair 🍾.

A tip from @Gordon: use your spare hand to pull down your lower lip when brushing, so you can see what you’re doing 😊 .