• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Safe Teeth-Whitening Methods

C

Chocobear

Teeth-Whitening and Toothbrush Sanitization

I have a few stains on my teeth, and I've been trying to find safe and natural ways to whiten them. Any suggestions?

Also, can someone offer advice on sanitizing my toothbrushes? I can't afford to buy a toothbrush sanitizer at the moment, so your advice would be appreciated. I've been researching the subject online, and I came across a few articles that recommend soaking the brushes in bleach-water for a few minutes. Is that safe and effective?

Last edited:
I think you can just use that baby sterilising fluid for sterilising your toothbrushes.

The safest way to whiten your teeth is to stop drinking things that stain. Coffee, tea, red wine etc. When I gave up black coffee I found my teeth became much whiter over time as stains faded. I don't think there is anything natural that wont possibly damage enamel if you use it on an ongoing basis. A lot of the stuff that is naturally whitening is also abbrasive. But maybe there is something Ive not come across.

Teeth discoloration can also be caused by citrus fruits like lemon, orange and it is recommended that you gargle after you have eaten some of those fruits.

Also don't forget about tobacco.

Back