• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Same Tooth Filling Broke Twice - a Year Apart - What Will Dentist Do?

M

michisafraid

Hi all,

Long time since I have been here. My sweet husband passed suddenly two months ago and I stopped caring about my teeth for a few months. I do however still need to go through the rest of my treatments to get my mouth in tip top shape!

Anyway, last year I had a bottom back molar filling break. My dentist replaced the filling and all was well for a year. Well the last few days I have that old familiar feeling back - like something is stuck between two teeth but nothing is. Last time I had this feeling when I went in to see him he saw it right away. I can't see anything - oh have I looked too. I just have that odd feeling.

I made an appointment for the morning, tomorrow. (yikes!!!) I am unsure if it is the same tooth or the one behind it but it is one of my last two molars on the bottom.

I grind my teeth something fierce, I do however wear a night guard each night. I know I still run the risk of broken fillings though. :(

Anyway, if I did break the filling in the tooth he redid last year, can he redo it again - the same tooth? Or am I looking at a possible root canal or extraction?

I am moving in less than two weeks so this was the last thing I needed now. :(

Thanks. :)

Hi it is nice to see you back on here. Sorry to hear about your husband.

I don't know what your dentist is likely to do, hopefully he will be able to replace the filling again for you.

Good luck with your moving and dental treatment :clover::clover::clover: I hope you manage to stay in touch when you are settled in your new home. :butterfly:

Back