• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Sandy debris coming off teeth?

T

Terrifed86

In preparation for my appointment coming up and I have been focused on my teeth some more and when I run my tongue against some of them it feels as if very small, sandy, debris is coming off them? I can't spit it out and see anything. I am worried my teeth is just crumbling very slowly.....Or if it's just tartar/plaque/dirt coming off it as I rub it.

Or just in my head :(

In preparation for my appointment coming up and I have been focused on my teeth some more and when I run my tongue against some of them it feels as if very small, sandy, debris is coming off them? I can't spit it out and see anything. I am worried my teeth is just crumbling very slowly.....Or if it's just tartar/plaque/dirt coming off it as I rub it.

Or just in my head :(

It could be the feel of calculus on your teeth which is hardened plaque which can be removed during your dental cleaning. I know this is going to sound obvious but since the sensation is bothering you try not to do it or focus on it. What we focus on grows bigger and more pressing. You have an appointment to address your issue so until then it’s okay to relax a little. One day at a time.

It could be the feel of calculus on your teeth which is hardened plaque which can be removed during your dental cleaning. I know this is going to sound obvious but since the sensation is bothering you try not to do it or focus on it. What we focus on grows bigger and more pressing. You have an appointment to address your issue so until then it’s okay to relax a little. One day at a time.

Can the calculus rub off onto your tongue?

Back