• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Scale and Clean B**** and DIY gap filler or resin on resin

D

DIY Teeth

Okay, a couple of weeks ago I had my some of my front teeth re-bonded (resin). Now they looked perfect when I left the chair and the dentist booked me in for a scale and clean. I had perfect teeth for about seven days and went in for the scale and clean.

Now this lady was ruff, she was whacking into my teeth like a mad woman. It literally felt like she was pulling off parts of my newly bonded teeth. I was glad when it was finally done but when I looked in the mirror at home I noticed that she had made a tiny chip/hole at the back of one of the resin bonds which was slightly noticeable from the front. This is really pissing me off.

I don't know if I should go back and get the tooth repaired as I'm not sure if they can apply new resin over relatively new resin (5 weeks) to fix the hole or if I need to get the whole bond stripped off to fix it.

I've also had ideas of gluing or using a Dentanurse kit to try and fill the tiny gap to make it less noticeable (I have noticed that the gap cant be seen if lots of saliva or if I have just eaten).

Would using the filler in a Dentanurse kit do the job four a couple of months each time? Are there any risks to using this stuff to fill tiny holes?

Is it possible for the dentist to apply a new layer of resin on the other 5 week old one or do I need it have it redone again?

Any suggestions before I start filling my mouth with epoxy? :censored:

hi
removing calculus which is stuck to teeth can sometimes debond bits of resin fillings- it happens.
the good news is that you can bond resin to resin- so the dentist should hopefully be able to do a quick repair. avoid DIY- it could create more problems!
regards
dr mike

Back