• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Scared And Need Help With My Partial Denture

I

Isotope

Hello,

I am a 35 year old male whose just had one of his front teeth replaced with a partial due to a tooth infection when the tooth was knocked loose. I underwent the procedure at 2:25pm UK time and it is nearing bed time and I can't seem to get it out, the denture won't budge and it is causing me some discomfort and pain and I am scared, I really don't know what to do except move it up and forward to remove it but there's no leeway. What can I do...Please help me.

Just leave it in. Speaking from first hand experience w/ my lower partial, things will be swollen and tender for at least a day or 2 b4 you can actually get it out. And even then, you might want to take a pain killer b4 hand incase the partial decided to hang up on you. And i even had that problem w/ my upper even though i got it a week after extractions.

Thanks! I am going to go see the Dental Nurse at 8am and see if I can get any help. Sleeping was alright though.

Hi I am thinking you have got some help now and are okay. I had this problem with mine when I had one. I was told to leave it in and alone for 24 hours. After this I was told to take it out and like you I couldn't get it out, I found out by accident that rather than wiggle it out by lifting it at each side until it came out which I found really hard and near impossible that if I pushed the false tooth back it came out very easily.

Back