• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Scared as hell

A

aa262

Have a lot of work coming up.

Have not been in a long time

Scared as hell.On blood thinners.

Will the dentist be mad or try and help me come to a solution

If the dentist is mad, please change dentist. A dentist should want to help you come to a solution that satisfies you, the client.

regarding your medication, remember to share that information with the dentist office staff.

aa262,

Welcome to DFC, we are glad you shared. Its definately easy to be scared of alot of work coming up when you haven't been for a while.. Have you been told this.? or suspect it due to time out and things going on? You never know , you might be surprised it might not be as much as you expect? if it is.. there really is alot of kind caring Dr's, who will not be mad and will not shame you but will help you and do it in a nice way. and like @geos said,, if they aren't kind and they do get mad. please change and find someone kind. You deserve that.. we all do!! Do you have an appt set up?

I hope you can get a feel for your dentist and establish a comfort level with him or her.

Ive been there and had those feelings as well. I never fears the dentist untill i started having problems..im almost at the end of getting mine taken care of from the last 8 moths. My dentist actually was the one who discovers i had high blood pressure. Find a good doctor who isnt like a tire shop and just get patients in and out w sub par care. A good support system along w a good dr will get you thru this easily and pain free...it did for me

Back