• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Scared - big day tomorrow

F

Fantazia

I visited the dentist in 2003 - I made my next visit in October 2017

What with reflux, medications etc my teeth are either broken or rotten. Thankfully by bottom teeth can be saved but all the top must be removed and a full denture fitted.

I'm scared stiff - but excited that I will finally be starting the journey to sort a new smile and actually be able to talk to people!!

Has anyone had the full top set extracted - if so how did it feel and how was healing. I'm terrified of how I will look with no top teeth but I guess it's better to have no teeth than broken rotten ones right?

Have extraction tomorrow :cry:

This is me only I need a full bottom. Getting I.T done over the summer. I’m a teacher and am so afraid I won’t be able to talk. I’m terrified but I think once it’s done I’ll be relieved that I don’t have to be afraid to smile. Good luck to you and keep us posted!

Had entire top teeth out including the wisdom - feeling it all now numbness is going but I know it will be worth it.

Had a bit of bad news - my dentist will not do impressions for new teeth until 1st week of March - pretty gutted about that and also freaking out it's going to be so long. I go on holiday in Feb so it's also playing on my mind I won't have top teeth for that.

I had all mine (top and bottom) out on the Friday and came back in for impressions on the Monday morning. It was then daily visits almost for the next two weeks for fittings and try ins and my teeth were ready on the Saturday so 2 weeks and 1 day later. It was a faff but I told my dentist the absolute longest I was prepared to be without teeth was 2 weeks and no longer.

I paid a fortune extra but if you need them they can be done more quickly. However these are still technically immediates so I will need another pair in 6-8 months.

I visited the dentist in 2003 - I made my next visit in October 2017

What with reflux, medications etc my teeth are either broken or rotten. Thankfully by bottom teeth can be saved but all the top must be removed and a full denture fitted.

I'm scared stiff - but excited that I will finally be starting the journey to sort a new smile and actually be able to talk to people!!

Has anyone had the full top set extracted - if so how did it feel and how was healing. I'm terrified of how I will look with no top teeth but I guess it's better to have no teeth than broken rotten ones right?

Have extraction tomorrow :cry:

Hi. I just wanted to let you know I understand what you’re going through. I had all of my teeth extracted in September. You will be sore, but it will be healing pain and you will have a healthier mouth going forward. And yes, seeing your denture smile will be a big improvement from seeing a broken one. Every person heals at their own pace, just be kind and patient with yourself and know that it’s a marathon and not a quick fix, there will be a period of adjustment but that’s with any change. Be proud for having the courage to take charge of your health in this manner. It’s no small thing, you’re very brave! Keep us posted on how you’re doing. I’ll think of you tomorrow, I have a check up at the dentist I’m not exactly looking forward to.

I paid a fortune extra but if you need them they can be done more quickly. However these are still technically immediates so I will need another pair in 6-8 months.

Thanks. Did try for this but it was a no go as i had 3 old abscesses and my gums were a total mess :(

Hi. I just wanted to let you know I understand what you’re going through. I had all of my teeth extracted in September. You will be sore, but it will be healing pain and you will have a healthier mouth going forward. And yes, seeing your denture smile will be a big improvement from seeing a broken one. Every person heals at their own pace, just be kind and patient with yourself and know that it’s a marathon and not a quick fix, there will be a period of adjustment but that’s with any change. Be proud for having the courage to take charge of your health in this manner. It’s no small thing, you’re very brave! Keep us posted on how you’re doing. I’ll think of you tomorrow, I have a check up at the dentist I’m not exactly looking forward to.

Thank you! Even though I'm sat here with no top teeth and admit this is really getting me down - I'm still pretty proud I managed to get this far - and if I got this far then I can do pretty much anything!

Soreness now gone and still some holes to close - its been a long 2 weeks

Thank you! Even though I'm sat here with no top teeth and admit this is really getting me down - I'm still pretty proud I managed to get this far - and if I got this far then I can do pretty much anything!

This is lovely and so true. Facing your dental fear and getting the work done means that you have overcome one of the biggest barriers and limits of your mind and your body.. and this makes you unstoppable and fearless in so many other areas in your life. Nice to hear that you realize this and keep celebrating the victory.:)

Back