• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Scared I will be 21 and Toothless please help!!!

How Healthly Do you think my gums look?

• Healthly Ideal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Average

• Needs works

• Needs alot of work

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
O

Orozco99

Hi my name is Erica and I am 21. I never used to floss growing up and I would only brush 2 times a day. However I went to the dentist for the first time in a year and she told me that my gums were really bad and I had a gingivitis. So she did a PSR on which is the quick method of the periodontal exam and all my numbers were code 1's. She scheduled me for a full debridement and told me to floss everyday and brush my teeth times a day and use mouthwash. She said the gingivitis is reversiable since I don't have any bone loss. However, that was three months ago. MY gums have healed up competly. and I floss everyday and use mouthwash and also changed to a sonicare brush. However, I feel like i am going crazy I worry that I have periodontal pockets and when I began flossing I noticed that the floss was able to go down into my lower too front teeth. Its feels uncomfortable when I do it as well. I worry that my lower gums are receding and I need your help to tell me if you they look like they are receding and how bad do you think it is. Also my teeth have always been sensitive but my lower two front teeth are especially sensitive now and I am worried I going to have bone loss they the recession is extremely bad! My next followup appointment which she said is the examination of my teeth is next week and I am worried. Also do you feel that she should do a full periodontal exam the next time she sees me??Also could tell me if my gums look healthly?image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

I'm not a dentist but I thought 1's were totally normal.

I never flossed until I was 30. My gums were pretty bad by then, but had a regular cleaning and have flossed and brushed properly since then (that was 7 years ago). I still have all my teeth.

I'm not a dentist Erica, but my opinion is that you seem to be doing a pretty good job. Well done for addressing all the issues your dentist confronted you with - both your teeth and gums are looking good. 21 is ''a lot'' of years ago for me :), but one things for sure, my teeth were not looking as good as yours. Far more cavities and my routine of cleaning was a bit hit and miss - yet at nearly 59 I've only lost one tooth:). I really think as long as you attend your check-ups and carry on your oral routine - you will be fine :).

Erica 1s are the best that you can get. you do not have gum disease and are not losing your teeth. I had pockets of 7s and 8s and had to endure root scaling and planning just to make it to 1s and 2s and 3s

Back