• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Scared of completing my treatment due to extraction site worry

B

Blush199

I have been undergoing some extensive dental work and I am in constant fear of dry socket. I have been and had a few appointments which i have struggled through.
My problem is i am constantly anxious about problems and since my appointments. In my last appointment I had 2 upper left teeth extracted (friday).
It is now Tuesday and I have still not attempted to eat anything as i am petrified to dislodge or knock out any granulation tissue out.
I know I need to eat but I am petrified. Is it healing properly??
I know the tooth next to the extraction site needs to come out.
Please help put my mind at ease.

Attachments

• 20190409_075959.jpg
    20190409_075959.jpg
    763.7 KB · Views: 12
If you had the teeth out on Friday you're completely safe from dry socket, go ahead and look after yourself.

I think the severity of dry socket is completely exaggerated out of all proportion on here, it's not pleasant but it's really not a big deal in the overall scheme of things :)

Thank you for your reply

Hi,

Did you mention to your dentist your concerns about complication, dry socket I. Particular? If not, I strongly suggest you do. Your dentist can provide you with the relevant information about you, can take means of precautions to avoid complications and just knowing your dentist is available in case needed can be a real comfort.
If you feel up to it, I would write an email to your dentist sharing what you wrote on your thread. Only good can come out if it.

I will do, thanks for the advice

Back