• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Scared of dentist need support

N

Nicolew

I cracked my back tooth in September upper back right. Went for x ray in September and dentist said needed a crown and root canal and that would be $1200. I got dental insurance now and today went to another dentist. That one said I need it to be filled and I should not wait so long. I am so freaked out due to lots of dental work when I was younger that I haven't been back to the dentist in 17 years..I I'm 44 now it must be done but the thought of the needle and sound of the drills had me scared. If I wait it could get worse. It doesn't hurt yet and been eating only on left side since October.

Dont wait! If you have insurance... get it done

Ironically the needle for me is not as bad as I thought it would be- in fact it's the easiest part of the procedure for me. Just tell the dentist what you are afraid of and they will accommodate

Back