• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

scared of the dentist and can't concentrate whatsoever.

S

SNOOPYBEAGLE

I'm very scared of the dentist as I have a deep teeth cleaning in 12 days I can't eat or even concentrate on anything else. I go to my Dr today hopefully he can either up my medication or prescribe me some zanax as I am terrified of getting my teeth cleaning done. I don't know why I am so terrified since I am getting laughing gas for my teeth cleaning. I want my smile back but at the same time I am having panic attacks which I don't need along with my dental fear.

I went to the dentist and got a deep teeth cleaning had laughing gas to get through the procedure have to go back in 12 days and get a regular cleaning thank goodness for a caring dental practice. Even though I had laughing gas I still felt the pressure of my teeth cleaning but it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. One appointment at a time I know will help me with my dental fear.

don't stop going maintain maintain

I still plan on going to my next dentist appointment just anxious about the dentist appointment as I have not yet seen my Dr to see if he will up my medication so I am not so dog gone scared of the dentist appointment. Is asking for laughing gas silly for a teeth cleaning? I feel like a wimp when asking for laughing gas just for a teeth cleaning. My dentist told me that I have a couple of cavities that will need to be taken care of in which case I am a nervous wreck just thinking about that procedure down the line. Any advice on how not to be anxious about dental appointments is appreciated.

Back