• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Scared - scale and polish tomorrow. How bad is it?

O

oidara

I have never had any dental problems until the past 2 weeks, when a filling went wrong and I ended up with an extraction :(

I went to see a private dentist for a second opinion on the state of my mouth and he said I should have a half hour appointment with the hygienist. I have never had this done on the NHS and I am nervous. My filling was a bad experience and I am really nervous.

Any positive stories?

The cleaning isn't bad at all! They can even numb your mouth with a topical cream if there are uncomfortable areas. I actually like having my teeth cleaned & polished. They feel so nice afterwards!!! You have nothing to fear!

Thanks. I actually just got back and it was absolutely fine. No need for any numbing. If anyone else sees this in future with the same worries, please don't worry. It is easy!

YAY!!!!!!!!

Back