• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Scared to go back to dentist

L

Levi

Suffered the worst toothache for a week then finally went to the dentist. I had a deep cavity and infection dr did root canal in 2 stages. Somehow I got thru it and thought relief it’s over until I got home and saw a small black mark next to the new white permanent filling. It wasn’t there when I had the temp filling. Part of me just wants to leave it be because I don’t have pain. But this mark looks either like a cavity or a piece of the old dark grey filling still on the tooth. I also don’t want to make a fool of myself Incase it’s normal for some silver filling to be there still. My anxiety was terrible before the treatment and I’m woried he will have to redo the filling. Or think I’m neurotic coming back because of a black mark still on my tooth. At the same time I want the know if a black mark at the edge of a filling is ever normal. He must have seen it to if I saw it when I got home. Iv had sleepless nights over this.and just can’t bring myself to make that appointment. I just wish I knew what the dark mark could be

Easiest thing to get an accurate answer would be to lift the phone and ask the dentist, or else post up a photograph here and will try to help.

Thanks for your rely have uploaded images I’m really hoping this looks look a stain. Or if it old amalgam hope that’s ok to.

It's amalgam and it's perfectly OK to be left there.

Thank you so much. I feel so much better now.

Back