• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Scared

S

Seaside

Here goes with my 1st post on here.
I haven't had any dental treatment since i was a teenager, thats about 28 years ago.
I have such on overwhelming phobia / fear of going to a dentist.
I now have an abscess on my top gum above a front tooth. It came up about 6 weeks ago. Initially this was painful and i went to my doctors surgery and was prescribed a weeks course of amoxicillin.
This took away the pain and refuced the abscess.
Its been about 5 weeks on now and i am using oregano oil on my gum and doing salt water rinses.
I know that ultimately i need to get this treated by a dentist but im just so scared and embarrassed about the state of my teeth.
I have suffered with anxiety over the past 10 years and i think that worrying about my teeth and how they affect my health is a major factor in this.
I hate how this is affecting me but don't know how to get passed the phobia.

Hi,

welcome to this forum. First allow me to invite you to explore my website TreatYourDentalFear.com
From my experience, people who have been avoiding the dentist for a many years, once they go through a dental treatment are very much surprised how easier it was than they had expected. hope it will also happen to you too.

Back