• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

SDF filled inside root canal leaked into bone?

V

vandy

Due to the pandemic, my root canal had remained open for nearly a year (only a cotton ball was covering the opening). When I went back to the dentist, he said the canals would need to be disinfected and clearly said he was filling the root canals with silver diamine fluoride. However, the next day, suddenly I had extreme pain in that tooth (second molar... upper left 7), severe internal vibrations/tremors inside my whole body and extreme weakness in my body and legs. I never had any health problems before, and I have never in my life had such horrifying severe systemic reactions which are present even today after a month. When the xray was taken again (see second molar on xray called white area) there was a white spot/area just above the root of upper left 7. No such spot/white area was visible in previous xrays (see xray 3). My question is,
1. did the SDF leak outside the tooth, destroy the nerve, and then get absorbed into the bone
2. even if that white area is not SDF, but still, was the SDF the cause of my severe reaction, as the SDF must have come into direct contact with the nerve and caused damage or toxic poisoning?
3. i still have severe debility and severe internal tremors/vibrations after a month. will they ever go away or is the damage permanent? what can be done to undo the damage to my health?
4. if that white area is the leaked SDF, will it remain there, have to be removed, or disperse on its own?

Attachments

• white area.jpg
    white area.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 10
  • xray 3.jpg
    xray 3.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 9
Did you ask your dentist those questions? What did they say? There's many possible sources for a white spot on x-rays.

I asked him through a message (as he was busy with other patients), but he didn't reply to that question.

Back