• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Sedation and a beer

E

enddays

Hi guys, just joined today after visiting the site for weeks. My question is this. I am due to have 7 teeth extracted at noon on the 8th of April and these include a couple of lower jaw wisdom teeth, one being a surgical extraction, and have been invited to go for a few beers with friends after 8pm that evening. I am having the work done with IV sedation and wondered if alcohol might be a problem after this procedure. Thanks in advance for any replies. gordon

Hi

I have a feeling that you need to wait for at least 24 hours if not more after IV sedation - cant you put it off until another day?

Kim

Hi

I have a feeling that you need to wait for at least 24 hours if not more after IV sedation - cant you put it off until another day?

Kim

Hi Kim, yes I can put it off, but I just wondered if the time between the IV and having a drink was sufficient to not cause any problems ?