• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Sedation questions

W

Whome

I'd there any way to be sedated but not lose your memory and stuff? Also why do I have to brig someone with me? I dot want anyone stealing my stuff when I'm all fucked up shit.

Do you lose your memory when having sedation? I definatly wouldn't like that and as for worrying about getting you stuff stolen, that's a good question, but the only people around you when if you had sedation would be dentists and the like. I don't trust them anyway, so I can see where you might have concerns. :(

Suggested reading, it has a lot of information on IV sedation. You need to bring someone with you because you will not be able to drive after the surgery. Complications can also arise in some cases, so thats why you need to bring someone you trust with you.

In my experience (2-4 times) - you don't lose your memory you just can't remember most of what happened during the time the drug is in your system. Time seems to fly and because you have little knowledge of the procedure then there is very little to be scared of for next time. I didn't see a dentist for around 16 years and there is no way I could have got work done without being sedated. Now I don't need it although I wouldn't say I look forward to visiting the dentist

It is possible to change a drug regimen to not have amnesia during a procedure but I think you would have a difficult time finding a dentist willing and able to do so.

Back