• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Sedation

S

Sritchie

Hi, i have had a phobia of dentists for years and have not been. After suffering from bad toothache i had to go to the dentist, i was so embarrasssed at the state of my teeth and gums! My gums are swollen and very red and i have holes in all my front teeth, so much hard plaque too. The dentist advised she would do the deep clean and fillings as long as there is not too much blood, i an booked for next week but i am having sleepless nights worried about the sedation, will i have a panic attack during it, will i have a reaction to it, will i wake up and be in so much pain, will my teeth crack as shes is cleaning, im very scared about the whole thing but i need it done as the dentist said they will eventually fall out if i do nothing.

Please have a read at the sedation information on this site, it should address most of your concerns.

Back