• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Sensitive tooth next to recently extracted tooth

N

NigelFH

So i had a tooth removed, and now the one that was next to it has become very sensitive to hot and slightly but not as sensitive to cold, does this sound likely?

I have spoken to my dentist and had it checked as i read that sensitive to heat and root canal seem to go hand in hand - she has checked over the tooth and can't see any kind of a problem and mentioned that the need for a root canal would generally show alot more symptons (constant pain in the tooth, waking up in the night with pain, a very throbbing sensation constantly) and therefore recommended i try a sensitive tooth paste for a month (including rubbing some on the tooth every night before bed) and if the sensitivity still persists to consider the RC

Can anyone post their thoughts? talking BS or a common scenario? one thing i would note is it wasnt sensitive straight after the extraction of its neighbour - this sensitivity has cropped up about 3 months after, it is a very sharp pain when hot food goes on the tooth, that subsides immediately when the food is moved away, i will stress the pain doesnt linger at all

Back