Sensitivity 4 weeks after deep filling

A

Alexistired

Deep filling still sensitive after 3/4 weeks

My dentist is on vacation but I’ll see her soon . I had to get a very deep filling redone after 4 years . I got it redone on august 6th or 5th Before visiting the dentist to get this filling redone I had no issues on this tooth whatsoever . No pain . Nothing . She decided to redo my filling because it was ruined . The filling was close to the pulp and I had pulpitis for 6/7 hours after the filling that went away with pain killers (so that’s ok)
I am now dealing with sensitivity to hot and cold (it’s sloooowly getting better, at first I couldn’t eat anything cold )it doesn’t linger after. Prob for around 5 seconds or so . And Sensitivity when I’m chewing ecc .
😭😭😭 is this ever going to go away ? Should I be worried ? I’ve had enough
I’ve been dealing with major teeth issues for a year. I want to cry. Every time it’s something new and I’m so tired . I also have pericoronitis (slowly getting better) on a wisdom tooth . And I still have to get other fillings done . I’m so so worried and tired

N

Nicci

I know how you feel, I've been on this site for years (I had an old account I forgot the login/changed emails) and honestly I can't say I have any sort of success story like most people here.

I've been having pain in the top right for years.
I had a filling redone in so they could have a look around as nothing showed on the x-ray.. still that didn't fix it, they just put a temporary filling in as I have no teeth underneath anyway, I'm half expecting it to fall out at any moment. The pain has been there for around 6yrs, I mention it every time I go but they don't know what else to do for me, so I've resigned myself to the fact it'll make itself clear on an x-ray one day when it's infected. I've no teeth beneath it anyway so I'll just get it's pulled out then.

I've had progressive issues on front teeth that the NHS don't want to address...

The top left hurts, the one tooth below that hurts off and on.

Another in front of that has become sensitive within the last month. Again, nothing on xray, it had a black mark on it but the dentist says it's not a cavity.. who knows.

I had a deep filling fall out about 3 months ago, I hadn't had any problem with that tooth untill then.. I got that filling redone and it hurt for a month - I told the dentist but never got a response.. it settled, eventually, but in the last few days it feels like it has a little pulse inside it, so I'm assuming it's becoming infected.
This third dentist I've seen says the filling in there needs looking at as she's not happy with it, however it's right near the nerve so is likely its going to set off the pain again and then it's RCT - however it looks like im already there anyway.
I have no idea how I'll keep it together long enough for a RCT when I can only just manage fillings. Which is why I've lost so many teeth in the last 10 years, I just get them pulled, it's quicker and it won't hurt again - I'm so sick and tired of pain that I just want that side of it over with..
However as I have no back teeth left now I'm chewing on front teeth, they're chipping and cracking and showing signs of decay. Now my issues are on visible/front teeth that aren't so easy to just get pulled (!).

Every bank holiday, Christmas, event, plans, I worry about my teeth flaring up. One or the other makes itself known to me on an almost daily basis and Im exhausted with it all, it's spoiling my life. Even when they don't hurt I anticipate and fear it coming back. I no longer know what it's like to not be in pain.

I genuinely thought I'm not bothered, I just want an end to it so dentures will be the way forward, until I recently found out about facial/jaw collapse (?) and losing so much bone that the dentures don't stay in, then implants are they only option. I'm only in my 40s do I don't think dentures are my way out. So I feel like I have no choice but to endure root canals, which may not even work in the long run anyway..

I've seen 8 different NHS dentists (they leave, or go private), 3 private ones.. this third one seems ok, but time will tell. I still don't expect I will ever be out of pain, it's been well over a decade and I've never got on top of it all. Now I'm left to pay for help in the hopes I can get somewhere with it all... I still don't feel hopeful if I'm honest.

Anyway, Im rambling sorry. I just wanted you to know you're not alone. However lots of people have had good outcomes so don't let my sob story put you off x

A

Alexistired

I know how you feel, I've been on this site for years (I had an old account I forgot the login/changed emails) and honestly I can't say I have any sort of success story like most people here.

I've been having pain in the top right for years.
I had a filling redone in so they could have a look around as nothing showed on the x-ray.. still that didn't fix it, they just put a temporary filling in as I have no teeth underneath anyway, I'm half expecting it to fall out at any moment. The pain has been there for around 6yrs, I mention it every time I go but they don't know what else to do for me, so I've resigned myself to the fact it'll make itself clear on an x-ray one day when it's infected. I've no teeth beneath it anyway so I'll just get it's pulled out then.

I've had progressive issues on front teeth that the NHS don't want to address...

The top left hurts, the one tooth below that hurts off and on.

Another in front of that has become sensitive within the last month. Again, nothing on xray, it had a black mark on it but the dentist says it's not a cavity.. who knows.

I had a deep filling fall out about 3 months ago, I hadn't had any problem with that tooth untill then.. I got that filling redone and it hurt for a month - I told the dentist but never got a response.. it settled, eventually, but in the last few days it feels like it has a little pulse inside it, so I'm assuming it's becoming infected.
This third dentist I've seen says the filling in there needs looking at as she's not happy with it, however it's right near the nerve so is likely its going to set off the pain again and then it's RCT - however it looks like im already there anyway.
I have no idea how I'll keep it together long enough for a RCT when I can only just manage fillings. Which is why I've lost so many teeth in the last 10 years, I just get them pulled, it's quicker and it won't hurt again - I'm so sick and tired of pain that I just want that side of it over with..
However as I have no back teeth left now I'm chewing on front teeth, they're chipping and cracking and showing signs of decay. Now my issues are on visible/front teeth that aren't so easy to just get pulled (!).

Every bank holiday, Christmas, event, plans, I worry about my teeth flaring up. One or the other makes itself known to me on an almost daily basis and Im exhausted with it all, it's spoiling my life. Even when they don't hurt I anticipate and fear it coming back. I no longer know what it's like to not be in pain.

I genuinely thought I'm not bothered, I just want an end to it so dentures will be the way forward, until I recently found out about facial/jaw collapse (?) and losing so much bone that the dentures don't stay in, then implants are they only option. I'm only in my 40s do I don't think dentures are my way out. So I feel like I have no choice but to endure root canals, which may not even work in the long run anyway..

I've seen 8 different NHS dentists (they leave, or go private), 3 private ones.. this third one seems ok, but time will tell. I still don't expect I will ever be out of pain, it's been well over a decade and I've never got on top of it all. Now I'm left to pay for help in the hopes I can get somewhere with it all... I still don't feel hopeful if I'm honest.

Anyway, Im rambling sorry. I just wanted you to know you're not alone. However lots of people have had good outcomes so don't let my sob story put you off x
That sounds horrible :( but my father is in the exact same situation as you
He only chews with his front teeth no back teeth left :(
i know I got the bad teeth in the family as well . But I’m very very young so hopefully I can manage to save my teeth for as long as it’s possible

pinyonjay2

pinyonjay2

I'm in a very similar situation, have a sensitive composite filling that's hurting but for me it's only been 10 days.

Let us know what the dentist says!