• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Seven Days Pain has Worsened

F

Frightenedrabbit

I had my wisdom teeth removed a week ago tomorrow and while one side feels fine, the other is constantly in pain. It’s like a burning sensation that doesn’t go away even with pain medications. And a strange sharp pain in my cheek. It radiates through my teeth, affecting all the neighboring teeth. The bottom is the sorest but the top hurts too. My tooth was very close to the nerve and I’m so worried I’ve wxprienced some sort of nerve damage. My tongue feels a bit tingly, but I don’t feel a decreased sensation in my face.
Can one experience nerve damage without or lessened sensation?
Or is this dry socket?
I can’t see bone but the hole is extremely deep. I am going to see my oral surgeon as soon as they can get me in but until then I was hoping somebody could provide me with some answers of some sort. Google hasn’t been helpful.
The lain is similar to that of a toothache. It’s not killing me but it makes me not want to speak or do much. It hurts less when I wake up and more as the day progresses.

I had dry socket. Is it worse when you lay down? Mine was awful when I laid down. I would definitely get it checked out! Lower extractions are more likely to get dry socket, and can cause referred pain to the upper site as well.

Hi Frightenedrabbit, I don't know what it is, but it's good that you have contacted your practice. I am wondering what do you mean by 'seeing your surgeon as soon as they can get you in' - do you mean today but not sure which time? Or do they want you to wait days? What you describe would count as emergency for me so I would be surprised if they would let you wait for days..

It cleared up on its own and i’ve been feeling great! greatly encourage others to take the plunge and do it, i feel so relieved. and they are healing nicely!

Back