• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Share your thoughts about fear of complications

Hi MountainMama,
I'm sorry for everything you've been through. It must be really tough to lose teeth when the original problem started off so small. I'm really angry with your teeth for you! Your story highlights the fact that no medical/dental treatment is guaranteed and that this mere fact can exaggerate the anxiety around such complications happening in the future.
Thanks for sharing. Hoping that is the end of your teeth problems (and that your front tooth responds positively to treatment.)

Hi MountainMama,
I'm sorry for everything you've been through. It must be really tough to lose teeth when the original problem started off so small. I'm really angry with your teeth for you! Your story highlights the fact that no medical/dental treatment is guaranteed and that this mere fact can exaggerate the anxiety around such complications happening in the future.
Thanks for sharing. Hoping that is the end of your teeth problems (and that your front tooth responds positively to treatment.)

Thank you! Yes, there is never a guarantee, unfortunately. Dentists can only do what they think is the best route, but can't predict what our teeth will do. I have learned, though, that losing my teeth is not the worst that can happen anymore, so it isn't quite as big a fear as it used to be.

Back